- The UltraStream will remove up to 78% fluoride, the fluoride pre-filter removes up to 70% and together they will remove up to 95% of the fluoride from your water.
How it works
- Cartridges contain a synthetic aluminium oxide that is specially processed to have a minimum of fines and other foreign matter. The material removes fluoride through a chemical reaction with the media, thus the removal is not dependent on ion exchange.
The material has a uniform particle size similar to ion exchange resins. It has minimal shrinkage or swelling and low-pressure loss. It is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range.
- Fluoride is removed by a chemical reaction with the media. The process is flow and pH sensitive. The best results are obtained when the flow is limited to 1gpm/cu.ft and the pH is held at 5.5. Higher flows and higher or lower pH causes a loss of capacity.
- It is estimated that at 1ppm fluoride in the water the filter will cope with approx 2000L before needing change.
- Additionally, the filter is excellent for removing arsenic and lead.
- Arsenic removal – is very pH sensitive and capacity decreases rapidly when the pH is below 5.5 or above 6. Arsenic removal is also affected by temperature and by the TDS (total dissolved solids) of the feed water. Increasing temperature increases capacity while increasing TDS decreases capacity.
Dissolved lead is absorbed by the media. Capacity for lead is at least 0.4lb per cu.ft while maintaining greater than 98 percent lead removal. This process is not dramatically affected by flow rate, temperature or TDS. However, pH should be maintained above 6.0 as lead removal drops under acidic conditions and below 10 as lead precipitates under basic conditions.
* Ion Exchange filters are often presented as fluoride filters. Unfortunately, although they do remove up to 60% of the fluoride from drinking water, they store it and once ion exchange reduces through usage, all the stored fluoride will be re-released into the water.
or 4 payments of $21.25 with Afterpay
- Replace filter cartridge every 2,000 litres (around 8-12 months) depending on water condition.
- Requires a 10″ filter housing.
*The media in this pre-filter is made from the same material as rubies and sapphires. This material will not harm those persons will Thyroid issues.
SKU: 371026 Category: Water Filtration