Boats and Yachts
Water tanks in boats need to be treated regularly to ensure there is no harmful build-up of organic material, biofilm, bacteria and viruses
Organic material in water tanks can be harmful to your health and the build-up of biofilm in pipes causes problems in the flow-rate and longevity of water systems. In addition, the growth of organic material negatively affects the odour and taste of water which is easily solved by treating your water storage tanks with CleanOxide and flushing your pipes regularly. The fact that boats are often not used for prolonged periods of time makes it even more crucial to keep the water safe for consumption. Read the boat tablet guide here.
CleanOxide on Boats
The images below show the before, during and after shots of using our CleanOxide tablets in the toilet of a boat. Take a look the the effective results in as little as 24 hours.
Recommended by the WHO
The World Health Organisation recommends and has rated Chlorine Dioxide as the most powerful water sanitiser in the world. It is a well known disinfectant for drinking water with many advantages over chlorination. Worldwide over 900 public water systems are using chlorine dioxide for water disinfection.
Safer than Chlorine
In comparison when Chlorine is used to treat water stored in tanks, it produces a number of undesirable by-products including Carcinogenic Trihalomethanes. Whereas Chlorine Dioxide does not produce any of these dangerous by-products.Benefits of CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide
- Effective over a broad pH range (4 to 10).
- Controls bacteria, fungi, viruses, biofilm and algae.
- Does not react with ammonia & does not produce toxic compounds in contact with organic materials present in water.
- Effective at lower dose rates than chlorine or bromine.
- Non-corrosive at the recommended dose rates.
- Bio-degradable in sunlight.
- Micro-organisms do not develop resistance to Clean Oxide.
- Safe for consumption and approved for use in Australia and around the world.
- After opening, best used within 12 months.